Who Is Eligible
Individuals of all ages are eligible to become Cox Conserves Heroes. You may nominate yourself or someone else.
Heroes and their projects must meet the following criteria:
The activity cannot be part of one’s job.
A Hero should be someone who has helped to create, protect and/or care for an outdoor place available for public relaxation, reflection or recreation by the community.
- The activity or project must be located within the community as defined by the local Awards Program (select the location near you to learn more).
- The Hero’s story should inspire others to act.
- The activity should be something that anyone could do.
- Previous Cox Conserves Heroes and finalists who received donations for their environmental nonprofits of choice are not eligible.
Types of projects considered:
- Cleaning up/refurbishing a park or public place
- Helping to provide public access to a previously inaccessible place
- Beautifying a public place, e.g. planting/ tending to a community garden
- Volunteering at a local park
- Water conservation/protection-related projects
- Creating a program that gets people to public places
- Donating and/or assisting in the acquisition of land for public use
- Advocacy, education and/or community outreach for parks and open space
Please select your market in the left navigation to learn more about the program in your community and to nominate an individual. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Enterprises , its affiliated companies, The Trust for Public Land employees and their immediate families are not eligible.